Can I Adopt?
Heaven Sent Children have very few requirements, but most countries have their own policies regarding the age and marital status of adoptive applicants. Some are open to single applicants, while others prefer married couples.
In some countries, requirements may focus on the number of children already in the home or the income of the family. Other countries may consider you too young or too old to pursue adoption. If you are uncertain whether you meet the requirements of a specific country, please ask your Adoption Counselor whether you meet the criteria of an adoptive applicant for that program.
- Heaven Sent Children requires that adoptive applicants be between 25-55 years of age. Foreign countries will require that applicants over 50 years of age be open to adopting an older child.
- Couples should be married at least two years before beginning the adoption process.
- Single applicants should be heterosexual and have a contingency plan for their child in the event that they are unable to raise the child to maturity.
- The youngest child in the home should be at least 12 months of age. If the last child joining the family was adopted, the child must be in the home at least 12 months before proceeding with a new adoption.
- To be considered for placement through Heaven Sent Children, our agency must complete the home study investigation.
How Do I Choose a Program?
There are so many decisions to make before you even reach this point, attending an adoption seminar can help in this process. Many families must first decide that adoption is a good choice for starting or adding to their family. Then families must weigh their options of domestic versus international adoption. Now, finally you have to decide which program is best for your family. Here are some things to consider in choosing a country.
- Do you want to adopt an infant or are you open to a toddler or an older child?
- Do you have a gender preference?
- Are you wishing to adopt a child of a specific race/culture?
- Do you have the ability to travel to another state/country to adopt your child?
- How long will you be able to stay in that state/country to complete the adoption process?
- What financial and other resources do I bring to the adoption process?
- How long am I willing to wait for the placement of a child?
If you have any questions or problems, please call and we will help walk you through the application process.
Education & Information
Adoption Exchange https://www.adoptex.org/
Adoption Learning Partners http://www.adoptionlearningpartners.org/index.cfm
Adoption Today http://www.adoptinfo.net/
Adoptive Families https://www.adoptivefamilies.com/
Center for Adoption Support and Education http://adoptionsupport.org/
Child Welfare Information Gateway https://www.childwelfare.gov/
Child Welfare League of America http://www.cwla.org/
Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption http://davethomasfoundation.org/
Empowered to Connect http://empoweredtoconnect.org/
International Adoption Clinic at the University of Minnesota http://adoption.umn.edu/
Kid Central Tennessee - Child Development - http://kidcentraltn.com
MOFAS Minnesota Fetal Alcohol Syndrome http://www.mofas.org/
National Adoption Center http://adopt.org/
National Council for Adoption http://www.adoptioncouncil.org/
National Embryo Donation Center https://www.embryodonation.org/
NightLight Embryo Adoption https://www.nightlight.org/
Rainbow Kids http://www.rainbowkids.com/
Regional Intervention Program (RIP) http://ripnetwork.org/
Spoon Foundation on Adoption Nutrition http://adoptionnutrition.org/
Tapestry Books http://www.tapestrybooks.com/
Tennessee Early Intervention System http://tennessee.gov/education/topic/tennessee-early-intervention-system-teis
Vanderbilt International Adoption Clinic http://www.childrenshospital.vanderbilt.org/services.php?mid=259
Fundraising & Grants
Abba Fund http://www.abbafund.org/
Adopt Together https://www.adopttogether.org/
Both Hands Foundation http://bothhandsfoundation.org/
Brittany’s Hope http://www.brittanyshope.org/
Buescher Foundation http://www.thebuescherfoundation.org/
Ephesians 3:20 Foundation http://www.eph320foundation.org/apply.htm
Families Outreach http://familiesoutreach.org/adoption-grant-program/
Gift of Adoption Fund http://www.giftofadoption.org/
God’s Grace Adoption Ministry http://ggam.org/
Hand In Hand Christian Adoption http://www.handinhandadopt.org/
Help Us Adopt Grants http://www.helpusadopt.org/
JSC Foundation http://www.jscfoundation.org/
Just Love Coffee http://justlovecoffee.com/
Katelyn’s Fund http://www.katelynsfund.org/
Lifesong for Orphans http://www.lifesongfororphans.org/adoption-funding/adoption-grants/
Never Alone Foundation http://laurelsmessage.org/what-we-do/funding-programs/
Parenthood for Me http://www.parenthoodforme.org/
Reece’s Rainbow http://reecesrainbow.org/new-family/financing-your-adoption
Salvation International http://salvationinternational.org/Application.php
Scarlet Threads http://www.scarletthreads.org/
Show Hope http://showhope.org/
You Caring Compassionate Crowdfunding https://www.youcaring.com/blog/2015/join-the-youcaring-adoption-support-community